leduc west antiques

The Ohrn Home

The Ohrn house was built in the Thorsby area in 1917. Don and Ralph Ohrn, who grew up in the house, donated it to LWAS in 1993. After it was moved to the Alberta Heritage Exposition Park, volunteers spent the next two years restoring it and then furnishing it with authentic period pieces, artifacts and antiques.

A rear view of the Ohrn home, originally built in the Thorsby area in 1917.
The Ohrn home was moved to Alberta Heritage Exposition Park, where it was restored and furnished with authentic period pieces.
LWAS is grateful to Don and Ralph Ohrn and others like them who are willing to donate antique buildings and artifacts to help preserve the history and heritage of this area.